The natural aging process and sudden weight fluctuations can lead to redundant skin in the thighs. A thigh lift is a surgical procedure that removes redundant skin to help you achieve firm, toned contours.
What is a thigh lift?
A thigh lift is a cosmetic procedure that helps you achieve contoured thighs. This procedure removes redundant skin and fat tissues. In some cases, a thigh lift might be accompanied by liposuction to remove excess subcutaneous fat.
Who is a candidate for a thigh lift:
In general, candidates for thigh lift:
- Are in good physical and mental health
- Are at their goal weight with a body mass index below 30
- Have been weight stable for 6 months
- Do not have underlying medical conditions that preclude surgery
- Have normal nutrition labs (prealbumin and iron studies)
- Are non-smokers or are willing to stop smoking one month before and one month after the procedure
- Do not use nicotine products, or are willing to stop using products one month before and one month after the procedure (gum, chews, patch, vape)
- Are not exposed to second-hand smoke
- Have realistic expectations from the surgery
- Have excess skin tissues on the inner (medial) and/or outer (lateral) thighs
Why choose Dr. Vial for your thigh lift?
Dr. Vial is a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive training and experience in body contouring surgery. He has trained at the world’s best institutions where many of these procedures were invented and continue to be advanced. He makes safety a top priority and has developed a reputation for beautiful, natural results.